Salary Range: 270.00
Duties vary significantly from job to job, but the following list includes typical job duties one might encounter as an agriculture specialist:
Apply for this Position
- Provide counselling and advisory services to farmers and livestock producers on production issues, for example cultivation, fertilization, harvesting, and animal care.
- Prepare and conduct advisory information sessions and lectures for farmers and other relevant groups.
- Conduct research and implement new technology and practices.
- Analyze agricultural data and prepare research reports.
- Liaise with researchers, educators, government departments, and business managers.
- Maintain records of services provided and their results.
- Promote mutual understanding and cooperation between government regulatory agencies and the agriculture community.
- Educate farmers and agriculture business owners on understanding and complying with environmental pollution-control laws and regulations.
- Recruit funds for the development and implementation of research.